Monday, July 21, 2008

Cherry Blossoms Are Blooming Now ~Variation 1

You said to me
A detached voice in the dead of night
(So far away....aren't you?)
Oh my love.....
I bet you never knew.....
.....Angel
You never knew
of anyone who was such big trouble,

And then from another corner of the world
A picture left to me
Of a garden in a church
(Cherry blossoms are blooming now)
Right across the street from where I live
A picture of now.......

Walking home that night....
The dark man who sat huddled casually
On the step of the store
owned by an irate japanese american man
...noone knew what he sold
and noone ever seemed to shop there
Who was against something but what it was was unknown
who had a huge parking lot but let noone park there
The stranger who trespassed upon this step
exchanged a glance with me as I walked past and said:

I'm not real......

I looked back and smiled.
But I did not say what I thought

None of us are.

©2008 ~SophieD

No comments: