Tuesday, May 19, 2009

something

I still believe in me

I am long past
That emptiness of cruel complacency foolish weakness love
My failing is an acceptance of the sound
of forgiveness
destroyed

I so desired
that there could be an understanding to understanding
me

my truth is a burial ground of hardened, scarred hearts

I wanted
an embrace of reason
Solitary silent acts of penance
in exchange for the comfort
of the barely living

My weakness is my understanding
that quiet loss of everything long past


I wanted to believe in everything and less
I found myself surrounded by nothing and more

Haunted by the illusionary echoes of my perceived transgressions

Knowing there could be an end
to the end of me
I wanted to be the only thing destroyed
I wanted

Something that made sense


©2009~SophieD

No comments: