Saturday, May 16, 2009

breakaway life of alone





We are lost in this place that we are.

I never used to laugh or smile he said
That changed when I met you
I guess you broke me...

Love as reality, hours long.
I navigate the night
Your words at that time moved me

When nothing stood between heaven and earth.
That dimension of senses you knew so well.
Where we were the only one.

So many hearts you have consumed
I guess you insist upon yours


stop and remember

Golden rays shadow across my door to the second hand's return
I reckoned how i missed yours
Slowly the minutes ticked past

Black rays shooting from golden face
Not a replica but an original of what you are
There you paint that place where love was altered
where when I met you broke me...

But as the hour eyes gentle and forgiving
Gaze misty into what you were


Why don't you laugh or smile? he said
Love in your own time has a different meaning
I guess this night reminds me

how i loved to hold the sunburst close
while looking to the hour when we met ....

stop and flow
Golden rays shooting from shadowed face
Not an original but a reflection of what we were

A distraction of time, fallen hearts in the path
Interrupting this breakaway life of alone

©2009~SophieD

No comments: